you sent me this so long ago, at last - at last - I have thought of five things, honestly the delay is due to the tragic difficulty in thinking of five things?? I suppose that is the point of the meme.
1. I’M A REALLY GOOD COOK. I do not say this lightly. blog friends, consider this an open invitation to let me make you something to eat if you’re ever in london. it didn’t come from nowhere - my whole family are quite serious about food, particularly my mother, and from a very young age I was interested in cookery books, and particularly historical ones (Mrs Beeton etc). I’m now in a situation where I’m generally the main maker-of-dinners but as a result of my childhood nerdery (and former employment in a butchery & deli) my interest/skills are sometimes not conducive to actually making a proper meal. there is a ham curing in the fridge as we speak and a jar of sea buckthorn vodka steeping in a cupboard.
2. I’M A SURPRISINGLY DECENT SWIMMER. THE SECRETs as far as I am concerned are: a) if you can hold your body in the correct position (i.e. pretty flat) your swimming life becomes like 900% easier, b) if you learn to tread water and float comfortably you will be happier/more comfortable. (this comes from the experience of helping my youngest sister get comfortable swimming & learn to float & tread water & do underwater somersaults etc.) and c) swim in places that are nice to swim in. shout out to BROCKWELL LIDO for being great.
3. i also have good kite-flying skills. not much to say here. i’m good at flying kites. if you need a kite flown i can do that for you.
4. I have a very retentive memory for certain kinds of information. I’m sometimes ambivalent about how much i ‘like’ this. but it’s definitely useful to my life and I generally conclude I like it more than not.
5. HAVING A CONTINUAL INTEREST IN LOADS OF DIFFERENT STUFF, much encouraged by tumblr, and by tumblr friends. much thank, tumblr friends. much thank.
in conclusion: apparently I find it hard to think of things in my life as being about ‘myself’, e.g. i didn’t put my employment here, or anything like that; I seem to like the SKILLS i have. what does this mean????? who know